[LAU] M-Audio MobilePre USB and Lucid Lynx

Jean-Yves Poilleux jypllx at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 21:17:26 UTC 2010

Hi
I'm not sure this is the right place fot this message but I try anyway...

I've used a M-Audio mobilPre USB soundcard (the older non USB compiant
version) on Karmic Koala without trouble, using the madfuload 1.2 firmware
loader. This firmware allows to use this older version of the soundcard on
Ubuntu. But since I upgraded to Lucid Lynx, it doesn't seem to work anymore.

I started jack using this card and meterbridge showed there was some input
signal coming in but nothing came out of my speakers.

Anyone encountered this kind of problem  ?

Thanks a lot
jy

here are some logs

"cat /proc/asound/cards"
 0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                      HDA Intel at 0xf0400000 irq 22
 1 [MobilePre      ]: USB-Audio - MobilePre
                      M Audio MobilePre at usb-0000:00:1d.2-2, full speed

"aplay -l"
carte  0: Intel [HDA Intel], périphérique 0 : ALC888 Analog [ALC888 Analog]
  Sous-périphériques: 1/1
  Sous-périphérique: #0: subdevice #0
carte  0: Intel [HDA Intel], périphérique 1 : ALC888 Digital [ALC888
Digital]
  Sous-périphériques: 1/1
  Sous-périphérique: #0: subdevice #0
carte  0: Intel [HDA Intel], périphérique 3 : NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
  Sous-périphériques: 1/1
  Sous-périphérique: #0: subdevice #0
carte  1: MobilePre [MobilePre], périphérique 0 : USB Audio [USB Audio]