[LAU] audacity urgent

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Thu Jun 24 22:08:15 UTC 2010

Andrew C wrote:
> Glad I could help.
>
> Andrew.
>
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Joep L. Blom <jlblom at neuroweave.nl
> <mailto:jlblom at neuroweave.nl>> wrote:
>
>     Andrew C wrote:
>
>         Hey Joep,
>
>         This should be relatively simple. Just load up the two mono
>         files (file  > import audio), click on their name labels and set
>         one to Mono L and the other to Mono R. The previously grayed
>         option 'make stereo track' should be clickable and there ya go!
>
>         Andrew.
>

>         On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Joep L. Blom
>         <jlblom at neuroweave.nl <mailto:jlblom at neuroweave.nl>
>         <mailto:jlblom at neuroweave.nl <mailto:jlblom at neuroweave.nl>>> wrote:
>
>            I have a big problem at the moment with audacity. I want
>         simply to
>            mix 2 monotracks - recorded with the Zoom R16 - into one sterop
>            track as I have to burn it to a CD (which has to be delivered
>         tomorrow).
>            I can do all sort of rasks to it however, the menu Projects is
>            missing and - according to the manual  - there you can
>         combine tracks.
>            I'm running Ubuntu Karmic with audacity 1.3.9-6.
>            Can anybody help me out?
>            Thanks in advance

>     Andrew!
>     Thanks!! You made my day! I couldn't find it as the documentation is
>     rather defect, at least I cannot find the things I want.
>     Now I can save the tracks and burn my CD.
>     Thanks again!
>     Joep

All,
Yes it worked. I have the CD ready now will be delivered. Thanks for the
information.
For importing the Zoom files, I do it in Audacity and if you look into
the files for one project there are - sometimes - many files but also
one file (per track) which holds all te data.
E. g. I record 2 piano's with 2 mike's (Rhode matched) and 2 lines ( as
one is an electronic one at the moment) and I can mix all 4 tracks using
audacity, or qtractor. Ardour is in my opinion such a large beast that
for my simple requirements audacity is sufficient. I'm a complete newbie
in the field of audio mixing and - as yet - don't understand all the
advanced tools for compressing, filtering, etc. but I'm learning with
trial & error!.
Don't forget: the most important man/woman is the performer, not the
sound-engineer! (of course I'm a musician).
Joep