[LAU] RME HDSP Multiface and PulseAudio

Pablo Fernandez pablo.fbus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 21:25:56 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Steve Fosdick <sjflists at btinternet.com>wrote:

> So far the PulseAudio sound preferences does not see the HDSP even after
> restarting PulseAudio.  The kernel module is loaded, the firmware loaded
> and the card works fine with jack and ardour.
>
> What do I have to do to persuade PulseAudio to see it?
>
> The distribution is Ubuntu 10.04.

In case it helps, there is a similar problem with the ICE1712 cards.
See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1360685

The hack explained in Comment #31 has solved the problem for me.  I use
pavucontrol to select the playback device and configuration (before, analog
stereo was missing in the pavucontrol configuration tab).

Maybe editing your alsa module conf file helps?

Cheers! Pablo