[LAU] Sample Manager & Apps That Support Elastic Time?

Olivier Guilyardi ml at xung.org
Sat Jun 26 15:03:04 UTC 2010

On 06/26/2010 01:57 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> Given that Rubberband was really the first library available on Linux
> without a license that could do high quality timestretching, its not
> really suprising that there are not that many apps which support this
> (*).

Rubberband is interesting, but when I had to develop a professional tool to time
stretch voice recordings, the quality was far from acceptable.

In the end, I used Dirac. The quality's amazing. It's not open source, but
there's a free version with a rather permissive license (44.1/48Khz only).
Also, the author has recently added Linux object libs.
http://www.dspdimension.com/technology-licensing/dirac2/

What about adding (optional) support for it in Ardour, as an alternative to
Rubberband?

--
  Olivier