[LAU] Sample Manager & Apps That Support Elastic Time?

Olivier Guilyardi ml at xung.org
Sat Jun 26 18:20:58 UTC 2010

On 06/26/2010 07:53 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Olivier Guilyardi <ml at xung.org> wrote:
>
>> I see. Actually, I looked at Ardour time stretching code not so long ago. And
>> what I found was rather tight integration with Rubberband. I was't looking for a
>> plugin API, but for some simple kind of OO abstraction, that would allow to
>> quite easily add some new stretchers. So, unfortunately, it looks like the way
>> to a such plugin API is a bit long indeed...
>
> it can't be that bad : see libs/ardour/stretch.h which has hooks for
> SoundTouch as well.

Thank you for this pointer. I must have missed that. If I ever find some time
for it, integrating Dirac would quite be the first thing I would like to
contribute to Ardour. It's not very FLOSSish, and I don't really need it right
now, but there's lot of wow and professional potential I think :)

--
  Olivier