[LAU] jackd in RT mode at boot

Lists Parisson lists at parisson.com
Tue Jun 29 16:04:38 UTC 2010

Le 29/06/2010 17:27, Gabriel M. Beddingfield a écrit :

> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, Lists Parisson wrote:
>
>> I need to start jackd server in realtime mode on boot for an audio
>> embedded
>> Linux based project. However it seems that for OS using PAM like
>> Debian, it's
>> impossible to get RT priorities for the predefined jackd user during
>> the boot.
>
> Have you tried starting it in an RC-script that's run at runlevel 2 or
> higher?  (Runlevel 2 is the first multi-user runlevel.)
>
> Also, seems like you would want it near the end... like S99myinitscript
> or something.
>
> This way, it's more likely that PAM is up and running.

Yes I use a RC-script in /etc/init.d/ (in Debian) and a sym link to
/etc/rc2.d/S97jackd.

But this didn't work without the PAM module rule modification and the use of "su
-c login" proposed by Stephano in this thread.

Now it works very good :)

Thanks a lot to all of you !
As usual, great support on LAU/LAD

Guillaume