[LAU] Step-by-step instructions to have Linux recognize Audiofire 12 Firewire device?

Oleg Ivanenko oivanenko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 04:00:59 EST 2010

Hi, David!

I have Ubuntu Studio 9.10 and M-Audio FireWire Solo card -- working
well, it consists all software what you need, but you will have
troubles with killing PulseAudio ;).

You should have installed jackd(http://jackaudio.org/), it using FFADO
as audio driver.

You may be interested in qjackctl as GUI for jackd.

Must to visit http://subversion.ffado.org/ and read:

http://subversion.ffado.org/wiki/UsingJackWithFFADO
http://subversion.ffado.org/wiki/LatencyTuning

2010/3/1 david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com>:
> My church band records services using one. Our sound tech records using
> an IBM laptop running Windows XP, and way too often (today was most
> recent example), he can't get the Windows driver to recognize the
> Audiofire. So he falls back to recording via the laptop's built-in mic.
> Blah!
>
> The Linux audio distros I've looked at don't seem to include FFADO 2.0,
> which supports the Audiofire. Anyone know of any that do? Or a way to
> add them to an existing Live Linux distro?
>
> --
> David
> gnome at hawaii.rr.com
> authenticity, honesty, community

Truly yours, Oleg Ivanenko aka Ash
[if it wasn't so sad, it would be funny]