[LAU] bare minimum session handling

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Wed Mar 3 15:27:04 EST 2010

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 05:40:38 +1100
Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:

> The problem is not a lack of knowledge. Nedko and the other LADI
> contributors have written over 60,000 lines of code and counting.
> However, the solution they are working does not fit everyones vision
> for the best way to handle the requirements for session management.

The fact that they need more then 60k sloc is imho a signal that it's
going in the wrong direction. (yes, even counting the gui etc)
Much of this is personal preference, but in cases like this I take a
simple textbased application over a (bloated) GUI-tool.
Anyway i'm as new to the subject as the threadstarters, but something
like jack_snapshot appeals much more to me. (you can edit the textfiles
afterwards, you can "inspect" them, you can craft your own, etc)
how does ladish save it's session files? are they as easy to hack as
those of jack_snapshot?

Dieter