[LAU] Descent synth as dssi

Leigh Dyer lsd at linuxgamers.net
Fri Mar 5 05:57:58 EST 2010

Gerald Mwangi wrote:
> Hi, does anyone know a synth powerfull like zynadd, phasex or
> bristol,but in dssi format? I need something I can load into Rosegarden,
> since I dont want 10 Standalones running, until ardour, rg and the
> synths support LASH, if that ever happens.

Whysynth (http://smbolton.com/whysynth.html) is perhaps the most
powerful DSSI softsynth around. It has a tonne of features (it pulls in
for its oscillators and filters from various other apps) and flexible
modulation. I haven't used it a lot myself, but it definitely seems
quite capable.

Thanks
Leigh