[LAU] HDSP timeout

Peter Plessas plessas at mur.at
Fri Mar 5 09:19:15 EST 2010

Dear List,

When booting my computer having the HDSP Pcmcia card inserted but no
multiface connected, something in the boot process times out and delays
the boot for 16seconds, posting
"Hammerfall DSP: No Digiface or Multiface connected" (obviously).
My question is, is this delay necessary? What is causing this delay and
why does the timeout happen after such a long time?

Don't get me wrong, everything works as it should, but whenever I boot
into my machine I wonder (for about 16seconds) if there is a quicker way
of making the computer become aware of the fact that I don't have the
multiface connected.

This is on a Debian testing, with
2.6.32-trunk-686 #1 SMP Sun Jan 10 06:32:16 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

thanks!