[LAU] New music: "daybreak"

Leigh Dyer lsd at linuxgamers.net
Sun Mar 7 10:23:30 EST 2010

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Leigh Dyer wrote:
>
>> http://pneuman.bandcamp.com/track/daybreak
>
> That's great! Although it lasts 7:22 it feels much shorter, and I mean
> that as a compliment! I also agree the reprise is nice.

Thanks :) I know what you mean about the length -- I only meant to
record a few minutes, but I was so engrossed in the sound that I got to
the six-minute mark before I'd realised it!

> I could use a bit more "wood" in there, it's a bit too synthetic-only as
> it is. Maybe a viola sample or something acoustic, just mixed in very
> delicately.

That's a great suggestion -- I'll definitely experiment with that. I
haven't played much with instrument samples, beyond the free
LinuxSampler pianos, so this'll be a good excuse to experiment further.

Thanks
Leigh