[LAU] FX question

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 19:24:22 EST 2010

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Julien Claassen wrote:

> Oh, bugger all. I just uploaded the small relevant snippet here:
> http://juliencoder.de/bs.ogg
>   Could anyone help me out with this effect?

You know, what... I'm not sure if "Sample and Hold" is the
right name for it.  So let me unpack what I'm hearing.

They're taking a short sample of her voice (In this
case, I think it's about 30ms) and repeating it over and
over.  (This is what I meant by sample-and-hold, but I
think I used the term wrong.)

After this, they're using a low-pass resonance filter and
sweeping the cutoff downward.  We're probably hearing all of
the sample/repeat signal, and the rez filter's output is
being mixed in.

Anyway, this is just what it sounds like to me.  Good luck!

-gabriel