[LAU] priorities of interrupts or other fixes

Jeremy jeremy at autostatic.com
Mon Mar 8 14:04:48 EST 2010

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Jeremy wrote:
>
>> Best is to disable frequency scaling altogether.
>
> How do I do that? I looked in the BIOS and couldn't find anything there.
>   I guess I could recompile the kernel without fequency scaling support,
> but isn't it possible to totally shut it off in software land?
>
> And "no" google didn't seem to know the answer (it mostly is people
> suggesting to use the freq-scaling applet or turn it off in the BIOS).

Hello Atte,

In the BIOS you could try disabling SpeedStep (for Intel CPU's) or
PowerNow and Cool'n'Quiet (for AMD CPU's). You're using Karmic right?
Then you could try disabling the ondemand service. There is no GUI way
afaik, somehow the System - Administration - Services entry disappeared
with Karmic. On the CLI you can do it with the sysv-rc-conf utility,
install it first, and then disable the ondemand service for the
runlevels 2,3,4 and 5.

Best,

Jeremy