[LAU] priorities of interrupts or other fixes

Jeremy jeremy at autostatic.com
Mon Mar 8 14:10:59 EST 2010

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Jeremy wrote:
>
>> Ricoh Firewire chipset, aren't these kind of notorious?
>
> So it seems. But isn't that a matter of either-it-works-or-it-doesn't?
> http://subversion.ffado.org/wiki/HostControllers suggests that rev 08 is
> ok, but rev 02 is bad. I'm on rev 05, so...
>
> Would a solution be to buy a PCMCIA (pc card) firewire adapter? A friend
> of mine has one he said I could have for free... Looking at the output
> of lspci I'm not sure what is the PCMCIA adapter, would a Ricoh one ruin
> that route, or is that another matter?
>
> What I'm most interested in ATM is how to identify the firewire IRQ.

jeremy at soushi:~$ cat /proc/interrupts | grep ohci1394
 16:    1123463    1075232   IO-APIC-fasteoi   uhci_hcd:usb3, ohci1394,
eth1, mmc0, jmb38x_ms:slot0, nvidia

IRQ 16 in my case. In your case also according to your opening mail. You
can see that it's crowded on 16 in my case, I can't get my Firewire to
work without the help of rtirq.

Best,

Jeremy