[LAU] Music made with linux: Modlys/Flow

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Wed Mar 10 15:43:52 EST 2010

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 23:35:09 +0100
Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Arnold Krille wrote:
>
> > Track ordering becomes irrelevant as soon as it hits peoples mp3-players...
>
> Not 100%
>
> I think hard about things like that, and tries to make it as meaningful
> as possible to listen from beginning to end, simply because I often
> listens to albums that way myself.
>
> I realize not everyone is as old fashioned as me, though, and that's
> perfectly fine...

If I think an artist is arranging tracks in a specific order then I will
always want to at least try that order. Apart from anything else this
usually means they are telling a story with the music, and it would be
daft to 'read' the end before the beginning.

Sadly, I think too many times an album is really just a collection of
random songs, and it doesn't matter at all what order you hear them in
- or even if you only hear one or two. So people get used to that.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk