[LAU] Pitch visualization software with jack

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Sat Mar 13 08:11:21 EST 2010

On Saturday 13 March 2010 02:50:54 Scott wrote:
> Something I've always wanted to do was see how accurate my singing was
> by using something that provides visual cues based on pitch.

Along those lines, my idea is to play a note and sing with it.

Feed the note to one mono input and the singing to another mono input.

Graph the note in one colour. The singing in another that is related but
differs depending on how far off it is. The singing will be below the note it
is is flat, above if it is sharp. As you adjust your singing, the lines will
get closer of further apart and the colour of the singing will change. If you
adjust your singing so that it properly matches the note, the colours will
merge as will the lines...

Bruddah Bing, Bruddah Boom.
( http://sayingsnovel.blogspot.com/2009/10/03-sayings-nov-03-fri.html
unrelated.)