[LAU] jack in -> alsa out

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Mar 14 09:12:19 EDT 2010

Hi,

Does anyone know of an app that will provide a jack input source and
send the stream to a different alsa hw output to the device that jack is
connected to?

What I would like to do is use my notebooks onboard stereo audio device
as a headphone monitor output and my 4 port usb device as the jack i/o
device.

I don't really want to combine the 2 devices into a single alsa device.

If no one has already written something for this purpose, apart from the
obvious issue of samples potentially getting out of sync is there any
other reason this combination may not work?

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd