[LAU] HDSP 9652+Win 7 == update flash - bye bye Linux audio & Alsa?

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Wed Mar 17 08:35:09 EDT 2010

On 03/16/10 23:10, fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:

>> That's not correct. It's the firmware for the Xilinx FPGA. I don't see
>> why the card should stop working in linux, it will still use the same
>> firmware as before.
> I imagine that the new FPGA image could relocate registers etc.

After a power down, the firmware is gone. There's no persistent storage
in the old series to my knowledge. It's just the matter which OS
initializes the card when starting up since the firmware survives a warm
start.

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key DA43FEF4          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net