[LAU] OT: Pat Metheny's "Orchestrion"

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed Mar 17 18:26:35 EDT 2010

On 03/15/2010 11:34 PM, Renato wrote:
> Hello, just found out about Pat Metheny's new album. Basically what he
> does is controlling, through mechanical devices and a complex setup,
> many acoustic instruments from just his guitar playing. The results
> seem very interesting.
> http://www.patmetheny.com/orchestrioninfo/

i saw him perform at the berlin philharmonic recently. it's amazing.
99% of the impact are due to great musicianship. but the remaining 1% 
are enough for a major geekfest :)
go see the tour if you have the chance.

basically, it's a huge guitar synthesizer like he used to play, but:
"look dad, no samples!"

More information about the Linux-audio-user mailing list