[LAU] [Music] Another, very short, prog instrumental

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Wed Mar 17 18:51:41 EDT 2010

fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:

Thanks for listening.

> (Mmm, definite traces of Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez)

You don't say whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

> Still difficult to identify this as a real brass section, but
> that may me due to some other reasons: I find it difficult to
> 'believe' in the sound - to hear it as something real and not
> just coming out of a speaker. That may be because of the absence
> of any room acoustics in the recording.
>
> Ciao,

I believe the samples are not close-miked and there is a discernible
room (recording studio live room) sound on the samples as I recall, but
that's not going to be evident in a mix like this, I realise. They are
sent to the same ambience and main reverb as everything else -- quite a
lot is sent, to push them back in the mix.

Ultimately, though, it doesn't matter whether your believe in them as a
real brass section or not, they are samples of real brass instruments
and they are there. They weren't audible before. They're a little less
inaudible now.