[LAU] OT: Which crappy mic should I use?

Leo leoave at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 12:15:25 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Jonathan Gazeley
<jonathan.gazeley at .......>wrote:

> I agree. A few years back while still a student, I bought a 3-pack of
> Behringer XM1800S dynamic mics for £25 or something like that. I guess
> they're a similar standard to the PG58.

Hey, I got one of those packs couple of months ago.
Did a A=B test against the 835 Sennheiser i have.
Man, could not believe how good they pick sound comparing with my beloved
senn.
One thing, and maybe big difference is for live use, handling this cheap is
really noise, not like the priced senn, but if you have a mic stand and
don't touch it it will give you good recording.

Leo