[LAU] qtractor questions

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Mon Mar 22 18:13:30 EDT 2010

rosea grammostola wrote:

> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
>> you create more buses. at least one more in addition to master
>> which is indeed stereo (2channels) and created by default ootb. you
>> can setup your workspace as with many ins and outs you need and
>> make it a template for all your future new blank/scratch sessions.
>>
>> so, recipe is: create one additional bus, call it master_2 for
>> instance and assign it as input for audio track_2; audio track_1
>> stays on Master for input. now you connect synth_1/outs to
>> Master/ins and synth_2/outs to master_2/ins. voilá :)
>>
>> remember now that qtractor session templates may get very handy
>> here, for not having to be doing this all the time, as it also
>> includes connection recall. alas, it won't start your external
>> synths automatically, you'll have to do that manually, business as
>> usual, qtractor will wait for them appearing on the radar to
>> reconnect. yep, qtractor is not a full-blown session manager, i
>> know. let's leave that for someone else ;)
>
> Mmh I tried to do what you said, but I get an segmentation fault now,
> and can't restart the session (just an test session, nothing
> important)...
>
> bash: line 1:  6175 Segmentation fault      qtractor
> /home/user/linuxaudio/qtractor/firsttake.qtr

please, send me that session file off list, let me reproduce the
segfault and squash the little critter.

> Which mode should I use for the new bus? Duplex or input (or
> output)?

an input bus only serves capture/recording. an output one serves as a
mix-down/playback device. duplex serves both ends.

as for your primary goal is about recording from two sources
simultaneously, that additional second bus must be of the input mode but
a duplex one will also do. is that now obvious that an output bus won't
help?

byee
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela