[LAU] "studder" (gate) ladspa effect?

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Mon Mar 22 23:41:16 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 09:54:30AM -0500, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a ladspa effect that will allow for rhythmic gating of
> incoming audio (what I call "studder" effect).  I've been looking
> through the list of available plugins on my system, randomly trying
> out different things, which is not giving me any good results.  if
> anyone has any recommendations, I would very much appreciate it.

Amplitude modulate a VCA with a LFO square wave.

Could do it in AMS or Ingen or whatever, or maybe even WhySynth could be patched that way.

Or, do it the way the DJ's do it: slam the crossfader back and forth rapidly, while rocking rhythmically and holding one earphone to your ear with the other hand. Helps to have green lasers going too.

-ken