[LAU] Linux synth tutorials

Leigh Dyer lsd at linuxgamers.net
Wed Mar 24 22:29:09 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

I've recently started recording some screencast tutorials on the basics
of analogue-style sound synthesis under Linux. I've been using
Xsynth-DSSI as my example synth for the most part so far, just because
it's so accessible, though my most recent tutorial covers the Specimen
sampler.

If you've wanted to know more about how to create your own synth sounds,
this will hopefully be a good starting point! I'd also appreciate any
suggestions/corrections/etc. from more experienced users. The
screencasts are on Youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/pneumanlsd

or on my blog (where they're also available in Ogg Vorbis/Theora format)
here:

http://blag.linuxgamers.net/?cat=117

Thanks
Leigh