[LAU] Record to mp3

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sun Mar 28 12:19:44 EDT 2010

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 09:08:59 -0700
Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 04:52:22PM +0100, F. Medeiros wrote:
> > Can someone recommend a way to record from the line in directly to mp3?
> I used to use icecast back in the day.
>
> Dunno if it works with JACK though.

I just revamped the Eargazm.com setup, which now uses liquidsoap to
encode the ALSA input to MP3 to send to Icecast.  Liquidsoap uses scripts
to control its actions, and one of the things that I noticed it will do is
take the input and not only send an output to Icecast, but will also dump
to a file.  It took me a while to get going (I had to manually compile it)
bit it works beautifully.

The documentation shows that it will work with JACK.
http://savonet.sourceforge.net/doc-0.9.2/documentation.html

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com