[LAU] Some phantoms are stronger than other phantoms.

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Mon Mar 29 02:45:54 EDT 2010

I was noticing the Behringer DEQ2496 spectrum analyzer / EQ has a XLR
input for a mic with flat EQ to be connected for room analysis, and the
mic input does have phantom power supplied.

However, it says +15-volt phantom power.  Fifteen volts?  Isn't phantom
power normally 48 volts?  I was hoping to use an Earthworks TC30K mic
with it, since I have two of them, and they are basically flat out to
beyond the human audio range, but they say they require 48-volts at
10mA.  Where do you get 15-volt phantom power?

+ UNIX Systems Admin	 +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ Physical Sciences Div. +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ James Franck Institute +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky