[LAU] Linux mastering services?

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 10:56:46 EDT 2010

On 29/03/2010, drew Roberts <zotz at 100jamz.com> wrote:
> On Monday 29 March 2010 04:32:55 Ken Restivo wrote:
>> So, why not, I guess I'll do that. For much less than the price of a
>> single
>> mastering session, I could probably buy some decent monitors, and learn
>> how
>> to use JAMIN (and whatever else) properly.
>
> With your ears? Or am I mis-remembering a recent thread? ~;-)
>>
>> Thanks again all.

I consider mastering a whole different game. It doesn't come with
knowledge, but with knowledge and more experience, and a facility
worth more than I can earn in a year. You've got to have at least 2
different rooms and a car stereo, not to mention a number of different
monitors and speakers ranging from $10 to $1000++.

So most of us actually do submasters, or leave it up to someone who
has been mastering for the last 20 years (more than $500).

And the best part is, for really good mixes, the only thing to master
would be the level, so the engineer just inserts one of those
plug-ins, pushes the fader up, and tells you it's done. First-hand
experience.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD