[LAU] audio setup for debian squeeze

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 04:25:19 EDT 2010

Hi folks

Ive finally managed to migrate lenny to squeeze.
I started the migration because (among other things) ardour seemed to
be available only for squeeze and not lenny but got stuck for many
reasons

In the process I gathered that debian-multimedia is not necessary for
squeeze -- so currently its removed from my sources.list

So my questions

1. Is this (no debian-multimedia) a right choice?
2. Is there some (small set of) umbrella packages like ubuntu-studio?
3. Any docs recommended for the noob? I want to study jack and ardour.

Thanks

Rustom