[LAU] getting volume just right across soundfonts

Andrew C countfuzzball at gmail.com
Tue May 4 16:03:27 UTC 2010

Hey Luke,

Well, the main benefit of having all the soundfonts in one soundfont where
you can just change programs, is that you only need one channel for the
soundfont, instead of 4 different channels for each instrument. The bristol
b3 uses 3 channels for the upper, lower manuals and pedalboard, so that's 3
channels taken.

All in all, it just makes for more efficent usage of the 16 channels
available to you. Of course if you're happy with your current set-up, why
change? ;-)

One word about swami, I've found that it can be a buggy app for no reason at
all. Save very often is my advice!

Andrew.