[LAU] ANN: Jacker 2010.5.4

Ralf Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Wed May 5 09:15:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, 04 May 2010 13:59:00 +0200, Leonard Ritter wrote:

> This is the first release of Jacker, a Tracker for Jack MIDI. Jacker is
> the first building block in a series of small apps to come, all built
> around Jack as a hub for audio production.
>
> Jacker is meant to replace a core feature of Aldrin, namely the
> sequencer and pattern editor. Jacker does not generate any audio, but
> firmly relies on the Jack infrastructure for sound output. For a
> slightly more detailed workflow, please visit the website.
>
> http://www.bitbucket.org/paniq/jacker
>
> I have packaged a source release. There is no installation mechanism,
> but the application can be built and run from the source folder.
> Compatibility and installation patches are welcome.

Looks nice, but doesn't build here. First, in file songview.cpp there's a
missing include for 'string.h' (needed for memset later on), second the
build fails with:

songview.cpp: In member function ‘void Jacker::SongView::invalidate()’:
songview.cpp:1064: error: ‘class Gdk::Window’ has no member named
‘invalidate’
scons: *** [songview.o] Error 1

Cheers, Ralf Mattes