[LAU] ANN: Jacker 2010.5.4

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Wed May 5 19:40:47 UTC 2010

On 2010-05-05 10:34, Atte André Jensen wrote:

> Looks really cool, will give it a try later!

Ok, I tried it a bit. Very minimal, but nice. Two questions:

1) I have a hard time finding noise making apps that runs under
jack-midi. Could you (or anyone else) please list the must-haves with
jack-midi. I especially need a "sampler" ala specimen, but also synths
ala ams or zynaddsubfx.

2) I use and have used trackers alot. I appreciate the precise control
they give over sample playback. But I'm not sure exactly what the
benefits are when just keeping the interface, and having external
software handle the audio, thus letting go of the tracker-style-control.
Could you elaborate? Why should I use jacker over say dino?

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk