[LAU] State of Edirol UA-101??

Arxontis Politis deadflagblue at gmail.com
Fri May 7 09:00:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

I got an Edirol UA-101 USB 2 card, which is a good value/quality
multichannel card, thinking that it would be well linux supported. It
seems that it's the only one from the Edirol line with some problems.
Basically with Ubuntu 9.10 there was no support at all and only with
the latest ALSA (and latest ubuntu 10.04) playback and recording is
working. Recording is actually fine in all the channels etc. but
playback is chopped and clicky. I found from some LAD posts about a
year ago that it's a problem of the ALSA driver (or that they haven't
managed to reverse engineer it properly as they have no official
specs).

Anybody knows anything about the current state of the driver or any
fixes? I didn't manage to find anything more than that..

Cheers,
polarch