[LAU] Connecting seq24 MIDI with client names

Philipp hollunder at lavabit.com
Fri May 7 09:44:41 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Atte André Jensen's message of 2010-05-07 11:37:30 +0200:
> Hi
>
> When doing connections in seq24 the list of available alsa clients is
> based on client id. This is impractical, since those are bound to change
> from session to session (for instance race conditions make the first app
> alive get the lowest client id). It should be solved by using client
> *names* instead (like "ams --name" or "specimen --name").
>
> So, how do I get seq24 to make alsa MIDI connections based on client
> *names* and not client id?

Probably fix it. IMHO seq24 is totally broken when it comes to midi
connections. You can't see it from any other app and thus can only make
the connections from inside seq24. I don't understand why this hasn't
been fixed a long time ago, with the new dev team and everything.
--

Regards,
Philipp