[LAU] State of Edirol UA-101??

Robert Jonsson spamatica at gmail.com
Fri May 7 11:41:50 UTC 2010

2010/5/7 Arxontis Politis <deadflagblue at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I got an Edirol UA-101 USB 2 card, which is a good value/quality
> multichannel card, thinking that it would be well linux supported. It
> seems that it's the only one from the Edirol line with some problems.

Is this really true?
I did a quick search and didn't find many edirol soundcards at all and
the only one I found that explicitly mention USB2 is UA-101.

Isn't the conventional visdom that USB2 is, due to there not being any
audio spec that drivers follow, nearly without support?
Perhaps things are changing.

My own advice for mobile audio: if firewire is available, use that. I
recently bought a FA-66 and this far it works great with standard
Ubuntu 9.10.

Regards,
Robert