[LAU] LAC2010, some thoughts

Philipp hollunder at lavabit.com
Fri May 7 21:20:46 UTC 2010

Excerpts from rosea.grammostola's message of 2010-05-07 20:40:35 +0200:

> 2) As Lennart pointed out, we, as a community but maybe especially the
> LAD people, should join also other events like the Linux Plumbers (1)
> Conference, so kernel, distro, driver and desktop people find out which
> problems the pro audio people are facing and what is important for them.
> This could improve the out-of-the-box-experience for pro audio people.
>

> \r
>
> 1) http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010/

I found Lennarts talk to be mostly about justifying his work on PA, but
this was one good point. We should try to become more visible in general
and especially for people who develop infrastructure.

I was very glad to see the very informative talk of John Kacur about the
rt kernel and also that he talked with devs about low level issues.
It's simply good to see that a kernel developer and especially a
preempt_rt developer takes interest in Linux audio.
--

Regards,
Philipp