[LAU] best 96/24 to 44.1/16 to 96/24 convertion chain

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Sat May 8 10:01:24 UTC 2010

Hi Andrew!
   I'd still go for either the zita-resampler by Fons from kokkinizita.net or
for sndfile-resample, which should be in any distro, with Debianlike distros
search for it like this:
apt-cache search sndfile
   Install the progs pakage.
   Both have a nice help. Yet I don't think triangular dithering is the best
you can do. I think some kind of shaped noise.
resample --help
or:
sndfile-resample --help
   should give you enough output.
   With sndfile you'd also need sndfile-convert to change the bitrate:
sndfile-convert -pcm16 in.wav out.wav
sndfile-convert -c 0 -to 44100 out.wav final.wav
   Or:
resample --rate 44100 --16bit --lips in.wav final.wav
   Instead of --lips you can also use --tri for triangular dithering. I don't
know of any such option for sndfile-convert.
   I hope that helps.
   Kindest regards
           Julien

--------