[LAU] Please help with audio interfaces that keep changing after reboot

Philipp hollunder at lavabit.com
Sat May 8 10:11:24 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Jeremy's message of 2010-05-08 11:24:19 +0200:
> david wrote:
> > Jeremy wrote:
> >
> > The one on my laptop is "USB Audio Codec". QJackCTL won't accept it,
> > name has spaces ...

This seems strange to me, are you sure? Can you paste the output of aplay -l and/or cat
/proc/asound/cards ?

> Then your card name is probably 'default' and QJackCtl should accept
> 'hw:default' then.
>
> Best,
>
> Jeremy

I'd be careful with 'default'. Afaik 'default' is a special device in
alsa which has dmix automatically enabled and who knows what else. I'm
not sure this is true in jack context, I'd just be careful and rather
use a proper name. Also 'default' probably is another name for hw:0 plus
the aforementioned dmix.
--

Regards,
Philipp