[LAU] best 96/24 to 44.1/16 to 96/24 convertion chain

Andrew Gaydenko a at gaydenko.com
Sat May 8 11:23:11 UTC 2010

On Saturday, May 08, 2010 15:12:06 Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi Andrew!
>    If you want control over the dithering best use Fons' resample for both
> bitdepth and samplerate conversion. If not, I think sndfile-convert should
> be fine.

As for sample rate changing - do I understand well, Fons' intention is to use
resampling in real time processing? If it so - will it be comparable in
quality with SRC offline "Best Sinc" processing? I mean, real-timing can
forces some compromises in quality (with all my respect to and admire of
multiple Fons' tools which I use widely!).

Andrew