[LAU] Are my sound cards really dead?

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Sat May 8 20:25:15 UTC 2010

Thanks all for the suggestions!

I've had a good look at the audiophile card it it certainly appears to
be okay. Hard to tell with all the tiny wires inside the chips,
though.

> If lspci /lsmod (etc) shows that your card is at all alive, I would
> agree with the suggestion to try the puredyne live cd/dvd (pulseaudio
> not included), or to just try the famous 'cure all ubuntu sound
> issues' workaround, which is to kill/uninstall pulseaudio.

Yes, that was my guess when it stopped working some months ago right
after an auto-upgrade of my ubuntu 9.10.

Right now I think I'll wait until I upgrade to 10.04 before doing much
more. Does anyone know if this card actually works with the latest
pulse audio? Before dicking around with all the work arounds I'd
really like to know that the card DOES work. Yes, lspci, etc shows the
card properly installed. And the pulse manager brings up the output
choices.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca