[LAU] Looking For Simple mp3 Audio Editor?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat May 8 21:29:08 UTC 2010

I am certainly new here-and-maybe some of you can please suggest software.
First of all, since I am totally blind, I enjoy only a console interface,
useing Speakup, a screen-reader.
Quite ofteen I will rip streams to either audio or video, however, I would love
to edit out commercials-and-other content not of interest.
Any-and-all Linux sound editors seem complicated, especially since I would
rather not edit raw audio.
In an ideal World, I would be more than wonderful if there were an editor with
playback features of mplayer or trplayer, but with editing style of text editor
such as Nano.
I mean, one could theoreticly arrow to a point in the broadcast--and-mark with
a block command.  While trplayer was I think made by some1 blind, it has
several buttons you can push while real audio or mp3s are playing, which will
announce bit rate, elapsed time-and-percentage, and title.
For me mplayer is really nice as it has an EQ, which I cannot run directly with
an mp3blaster.  No EQ settings showup.
Right now, thanks to 1 of our LUG members here in Southern Cal, I can now rip
streams directly to mp3   useing sox, but for some reason it always stops
recording around 3hours18minutes?
Thanks so much in advance for suggestions.
I am currently in FC9
Hart