[LAU] QXGEdit (was Re: Suzuki QC1 Qchord Digital Songcard Guitar )

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun May 9 12:59:15 UTC 2010

On Sunday 09 May 2010 14:10:59 Niels Mayer wrote:
> On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc at rncbc.org> wrote:
> > On 05/08/2010 05:03 PM, Niels Mayer wrote:
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=200469896509&Category=
> > 3701&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1#ht_1151wt_1029
> >
> >  )
> >
> > http://qxgedit.sourceforge.net .
> >
> > speaking of which, had you any success?
>
> Yes!
>
> I just got the DB-60XG yesterday, and today it's plugged into a Dynex
> DX-SC51 running on Fedora12 alongside qxgedit and rosegarden.
>
> Oh, and the qchord works beautifully with it too. (It never sounded so
> good, with the ability to warp out the sounds via qxgedit).

Yes, even this possibly lowest end Yamaha XG sound generator sounds pretty
damned good. I have an old ISA card, sw60xg (same thing) for which if I want
to upgrade to more advanced processor, need very special MB that would still
have ISA nowadays! Beauty of this card is that neither windows or linux know
its there. NO irqs, No dma, nada. Set the dip to a port number and can run
using the mpu401 driver set to that port (Yamaha's suggestion before they had
w2k drivers for it back then!).

I still use it with my old paid-for xgedit from the windows 95 days. Works
perfectly using WINE. Qxgedit will be a great item once your wish-list is
partly implemented.

Where did you get the db60 for $20 bucks?