[LAU] perhaps why some of us have more trouble w/ pulseaudio than others (ICE1712/M-audio delta problem w/ pulseaudio)

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Mon May 10 20:27:35 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Hartmut Noack's message of 2010-05-10 20:31:46 +0200:

> Problem with tools to configure it maybe? Or user-oriented documentation?
>
> What about this one:
> Jack is officially included in Ubnuntu 10.4 that is: there are
> jack-plugins not only for xine(that work perfectly OK for years now...)
> but for PA also. But if I install the jack-plugin for PA it does nothing
> and I cannot find any way to make PA use a jack-sink or source.
>

> best regards
>
> HZN

I'll only comment on this part.
Either it's a lack of documentation, and hence you don't know how to use
it, or a packager messed up.

I have little interest in PA, but out of curiosity I tried to get it to
play together with jack. It's actually not that hard.
It's documented here:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pulseaudio#Pulseaudio_through_JACK

I just added the temporary variant, which is as simple as:
1) start jack
2) start PA with: pulseaudio -L module-jack-sink -L module-jack-source
3) done.
--

Regards,
Philipp