[LAU] [Sort of OT] Ringing in filters

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Tue May 11 23:46:03 UTC 2010

Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> 2. the sum of the filter outputs equals the original input.
>
> This is a *hard* problem. Basically none of the classical filter
> types have these properties. There are filter sets that can do
> this but they are quite esoteric.

Linkwitz-Riley filters:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linkwitz-Riley_filter

I'm pretty sure they can just be converted to the digital domain
using the bilinear transform.

> I'd have a look at wavelet filters for example.

Do look at the discrete time version of the continuous wavelet
transform, but from my experience, the discrete dyadic wavelet
transform is a complete waste of time for anything other that
sub-band coding applications.

Also, is this a bit more appropriate for the LAD list?

Erik