[LAU] [Sort of OT] Ringing in filters

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Wed May 12 19:44:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 11:30:11AM -0700, Ken Restivo wrote:

> So, are the artifacts caused by the compressors or the EQ?

The ones I referred to are caused by the FFT-based EQ.

> I didn't use the EQ on JAMIN at all, just the multiband
> compressors and the final limiter.

I don't know if Jamin uses the FFT processing to implement
the bandsplitting for the multiband compressor.

If it does then the artefacts of this type of processing
will show up in the output.

If it doesn't, then Jamin needs some type of bandsplitting
fillters that add up to exactly the input if compressors
are inactive. I doubt very much if these are implemented
in Jamin.

Ciao,

--
FA