[LAU] perhaps why some of us have more trouble w/ pulseaudio than others (ICE1712/M-audio delta problem w/ pulseaudio)

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Thu May 13 08:03:58 UTC 2010

On 05/13/10 08:56, Frank Kober wrote:

> PA or not, this is somewhat getting back to the original question: how
> can we get a reliable index assignment on startup with several soundcards.

You need some sort of unique identifier for a sound card. With the RME
cards that was easy, as they have individual serial numbers, which I add
to the card's name: HDSPe_f1cd85, for example. I did this because in the
setups those cards are used in, it is absolutely mandatory to identify
the cards (probably multiple cards of the same model) correctly.

> So I would like the following order to be maintained to have desktop
> applications adress a working soundcard and to have the UA-25 always at
> the same index for JACK.

In the hw: argument you can use the card's name. As you only have one
'UA25', this should work: jackd -d alsa -dhw:UA25

>  0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
>                       HDA Intel at 0xfbff8000 irq 32
>  1 [NVidia         ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
>                       HDA NVidia at 0xfde7c000 irq 16
>  2 [UA25           ]: USB-Audio - UA-25
>                       EDIROL UA-25 at usb-0000:00:1d.0-1, full speed
>  3 [nanoKONTROL    ]: USB-Audio - nanoKONTROL
>                       KORG INC. nanoKONTROL at usb-0000:00:1d.0-2, full
> speed

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key DA43FEF4          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net