[LAU] Distribution Usage?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Sat May 15 00:38:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-14 at 14:12 -0700, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> On 14 May 2010 at 22:40, Jean-Baptiste Mestelan <mestelan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 14 May 2010 19:03, Folderol <folderol at ukfsn.org> wrote:
> > > Don't forger 64studio either
> > > ... which I believe is on the verge of a new release :)
> >
> > OK, all in all, don't forget to check
> > http://www.linux-sound.org/distro.html
>
> Yeah, but some of that is a little outdated.  For instance, Thac's
> RPMs for Mandrake, is a bit old.  Mandrake became Mandriva, and Thac
> went on to create PCLinuxOS as an alternative.
>
> Thanks tho....
>
> --
For those who want the latest of just about everything, Arch is not too
bad. More DIY from the audio perspective though, there IS an audio repo
but I think it seriously lacks manpower to do updating. I do have 40+
packages, more than half audio-related which I 'compile from source',
but Arch's AUR (user-submitted PKGBUILDs to generate packages) makes
that easy except for the wait-time of compiling, dependency-checking and
such are all done in the PKGBUILD.