[LAU] Windows VST appears in Jack but not in MusE?

Pieter Barendrecht pieter at redpanda.nl
Sat May 15 08:29:16 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I just finished compiling the latest version of FST, downloaded it via
GIT. I download the Hurdy Gurdy (LE) plugin from
http://soundbytes.de/HurdyGurdy/ and now I would like to use it of
course.
I started QJackCTL (0.3.6), and from this GUI I started Jackd (0.118).
Next I started the .DLL file by using ./fst.exe, the VST starts with
some additional buttons in the upside.
Finally I started MusE (1.01). The problem is that the VST appears in
Jack in the Audio tab and Midi tab, but in MusE it is not selectable in
the "Midi Device" list.

http://redpanda.nl/MusE_HG1.png
http://redpanda.nl/MusE_HG2.png
http://redpanda.nl/MusE_HG3.png

Does anybody know how I should connect to the VST from MusE? When I use
something like Hydrogen, it works fine (Hydrogen MIDI in appears in the
list).

Thanks!
Pieter

PS: I use Ubuntu Karmic (9.10), with a RT kernel (2.6.31-9-rt). My
system is a Lenovo T60:
CPU: Genuine Intel, Dual Core, T2400 @ 1.83 GHz.
Memory: 1496 MiB
Swap: 972 MiB
SoundCard: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio
Controller (rev 02)