[LAU] app for simple editing and recording?

Lorenzo lsutton at libero.it
Sun May 16 20:20:56 UTC 2010

Renato wrote:
> hello list,
>
> I'd need to:
> 1) - open mp3/wav files, do some trimming and fade ins/outs and save to
> mp3/wav
> 2) - do some recordings of JACK-apps

May I mention mhWaveEdit: https://gna.org/projects/mhwaveedit
It's a very straightforward (thus really easy to use) single-file editor
with jack support. It loads and saves mp3s.
I use it all the time to cut/trim/normalise fade single files when I
don't need to do multi-track end funky stuff (with ardour) and I like to
mentionet every now and then on the list as I think it deserves a little
more visibility.

Lorenzo.