[LAU] MIDI howto

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Mon May 17 08:10:32 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Andre Majorel's message of 2010-05-17 08:49:09 +0200:
> The MIDI howto on tldp.org hasn't been updated in about 8 years.
> Is it still worth reading ? Are there any more up to date
> equivalents on the net ?

I had a quick glance over http://tldp.org/HOWTO/MIDI-HOWTO.html and it
looks quite comprehensive. Some of it is almost certainly out of date,
you likely won't need to do anything special to set midi up, for
example. Then there are a bunch of programs I never even heard of, so
chances are they might be gone or not even compile anymore. But there's
too much in there to say that it's useless.

I recently wrote a little blog post about ALSA and JACK MIDI, which
could be helpful to you, but its scope isn't as broad as the tldp one.

If the hosting service works for a change the blog can be found at:
http://murks.lima-city.de/serendipity/.

If it's not there you might still be able to find it on
http://planet.linuxmusicians.com/ (search for 'ALSA and JACK MIDI').
--

Regards,
Philipp