[LAU] Windows VST appears in Jack but not in MusE?

Pieter Barendrecht pieter at redpanda.nl
Mon May 17 15:51:33 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 17:16 +0200, Philipp Überbacher wrote:

> Is /usr/local/lib/ in your $PATH? If so, maybe it expects it to be in
> /usr/lib/

Hmm after I copied the file liblo.so.7 to /usr/lib, the GUI became
visible (but there is - of course... - another problem).

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 19:28 +0400, Mike Cookson wrote:
> Did you tried 'ldconfig'?

No I didn't, but out of curiosity I removed the copied liblo.so.7 file
from /usr/lib again and ran ldconfig, I'm not completely sure (briefly
checked the manpages) what it does but after running the command the GUI
started as well.

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 19:31 +0400, Mike Cookson wrote:
> Oh, I forgot: MusE can't work through a2jmidi. There is also a2jmidi_bridge, it should help. It have only one argument: client name. Use it as alias for fst.

Ok thanks for the idea, I will check it out.

---

Well, the VST appears in MusE now, but the VST itself says "Audio Engine
is not Active". Jack and MusE are both running, how can it be not
active?
When I ran the VST with FST, the message didn't appear. Argh, it becomes
frustrating. I don't want to give up, it should work with dssi-vst too.
Are there any ideas why the VST would print this message?

Sorry to bother you with such beginner-questions, I'm still a bit of a
Linux newb :)